Gain insight to the dynamic movements within the Canadian Capital Markets. This weekly email details public, firm-to-firm moves and corporate reorganizations, at all professional levels.
Do you have news for Bill's Buzz?
Archived Bill's Buzz
Paul Sarachman will take over the role of CEO at AltaCorp after the sudden passing of George Gosbee this week.
In Quebec, Denis Ricard has been promoted to COO from Executive Vice President, Individual Insurance and Annuities at iA Financial.
Alex Perel joins Scotia Capital as a Director to build out Scotiabank's ETF Trading capabilities. Alex was previously at TD Securities where he was Director of ETF Trading.
In Montreal, Noah Billick joins Palos Capital as COO and Executive Vice President from Raymond James where he was Vice President, Legal and Compliance.
Dean McPherson has joined the TMX Group as the Head of Business Development, Global Mining. He was previously Managing Director, Investment Banking with Global Maxfin Capital.
Portfolio Manager Scott Vali has moved from CIBC Asset Management to OMERS.
Recent moves at Timbercreek:
• CFO Gigi Wong moves from Timbercreek to Timbercreek Financial;
• Yvonne McAndrew joins as Executive Director, Global Closing and Portfolio Servicing from Wells Fargo where she was Senior Legal Counsel;
• Director, Debt Origination, Patrick Smith, will become Director, Debt Investments;
• Brett Henderson will become Associate Director, U.S. Originations from Senior Associate, Debt Origination;
• Julie Neault current Vice President, Debt Origination has been promoted to Executive Director, Origination;
Harmonic Fund Services hires Rayan Karim as Senior Manager to head the new Loan Administration business. Previously, Rayan was a Manager, Corporate Lending Operations with TD Securities.
Forge First Asset Management has hired Research Analyst, Maxim Matushansky, from Sui Generis Investment Partners.
Moving from the UK to Vancouver is Investment Banking Associate, Carson Sedun, who joins Canaccord Genuity from Eight Capital.
Also in Vancouver, Felicia Frederick joins CIBC as an Associate from ERA Forest Products Research where she was an Analyst.
In Calgary, joining Desjardins Securities as an Equity Research Associate, Oil & Gas is Hammad Shah from Husky Energy where he was a Thermal Development Engineer.
Also in Calgary, recent graduate Ferhan Siddiqui joins CIBC Capital Markets as an Investment Banking Analyst.