Gain insight to the dynamic movements within the Canadian Capital Markets. This weekly email details public, firm-to-firm moves and corporate reorganizations, at all professional levels.
Do you have news for Bill's Buzz?
Archived Bill's Buzz
Joining Scotiabank as Managing Director, Global Banking & Markets and Senior Strategic Relationship Manager is Mark Mulroney from National Bank Financial.
Starlight Capital, appoints Dennis Mitchell as CEO and CIO and Graeme Llewellyn, as CFO and COO. Previously, Dennis was Senior Portfolio Manager and Senior Vice-President at Sprott and Graeme was Sentry Select Capital’s Vice President and COO.
Former Managing Director, Investment Banking at GMP Securities Andrew Kiguel is now CEO and President of Hut 8 Mining.
And joining GMP Securities as an Investment Banking Analyst is Matt Jackson, who leaves Mackenzie Investments, where he was Manager, Product Strategy & Research.
Joining Sophic Capital as Vice President, Capital Markets Advisory is Gareth Tingling, from OrthoEvidence, where he was the COO and Director.
Joining Raymond James:
• In Vancouver, Russell Green joins as Managing Director, Diversified Industries Group from Scotia Capital where he was Investment Banking Director, Diversified Industries Group.
• Matthew Cowie joins as Associate in Equity Origination from National Bank.
• Joining as Vice President in the Health Care group is Rajiv Chail. Previously, Rajiv was Vice President, Investment Banking at Cormark Securities.
• Matthew Sale as Vice President in Diversified Industries from BMO Capital Markets where he was Vice President, Diversified Industries Group, Investment Banking.
Lawrence McCann has joined Fidelity Clearing Canada as Vice President Sales and Relationship Management. Previously, Lawrence was Senior Management, Strategic Development, Private Trust at TD Private Wealth Management.
Leaving Sphere Investment Management is Sergio Di Vito, where he was Managing Partner, Head of Trading & Operations. Sergio joins Heathbridge Capital Management as Vice President, Operations.
Joining AltaCorp as Managing Director is Chris Petrow from Cormark Securities where he was on the Institutional Sales & Trading team.
Beacon Securities has hired Kevin Keagan as Director, Equity Trading Strategy. Kevin was previously Head Trader at Mackenzie Financial.
Joining Hamilton Capital Partners as Portfolio Manager is Aditi Thapliyal. Previously, Aditi was a Global Equity Analyst at Sentry Investments.
Tricon Capital Group welcomes Helena Shi to its San Francisco team as an Investment Analyst. Helena was previously an Investment Banking Analyst, Real Estate, Gaming & Lodging at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
Daljit Toor joins Restaurant Brands International as Head of Finance, Retail for Tim Hortons from Birch Hill Equity Partners where she was an Associate.
Recently joining AUM Law are;
• Chris von Boetticher as Senior Legal Counsel. Previously, Chris was Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary at CI Investments,
• Joining as Senior Legal Counsel is Stacey Hoisak, from Birch Hill Equity Partners where she was General Counsel, and;
• Janet Holmes, previously Senior Vice President in its Regulatory Affairs Group at Moody’s Shared Services, as Director of Knowledge Management & Communications and Special Counsel.
Joining RBC Capital Markets is Adarsh Iyer as an Investment Banking Analyst. He leaves Macquarie Group, where he was an Equity Research Associate.