Gain insight to the dynamic movements within the Canadian Capital Markets. This weekly email details public, firm-to-firm moves and corporate reorganizations, at all professional levels.
Do you have news for Bill's Buzz?
Archived Bill's Buzz
CEO and Founder, John Ruffolo, is leaving OMERS Ventures and will work in an Advisory capacity until the end of the year. Damien Steel, currently Managing Partner, will lead the group, reporting to OMERS Global Head of Private Equity.
Canada Infrastructure Bank has appointed Nicholas Hann Head of Investments. Most recently, Nicholas was a Senior Managing Director of Macquarie Capital Markets.
In Calgary, AltaCorp Capital has hired the following:
• Brian Heald joins as a Managing Director and Head of Exploration & Production, Investment Banking. Previously, Brian was a Managing Director, Financial Advisory at Deloitte;
• David Kideckel as a Managing Director, Senior Equity Research Analyst, Healthcare & Life Sciences from Beacon Securities where he was a Director, Institutional Equity Research Analyst, Healthcare & Biotechnology; and
• Analyst Nate Heywood to cover Midstream, Infrastructure & Renewable Energy sectors, from GMP FirstEnergy where he was an Equity Research Analyst, Power and Energy Infrastructure.
Joining Macquarie Capital Markets Canada is Art Chipman as Managing Director, Diversified Industries. Art was most recently a Managing Director at PivotalPoint Advisory Group.
Accord Financial has appointed Senior Vice President, Corporate Development Simon Hitzig to President and CEO.
There has been the following movement in Montréal:
• National Bank of Canada hires Igal Ohayon as a Director, Venture Capital from Uni-Select where he was a Manager, Corporate Development;
• Othmane Jabouri joins Fiera Comox Partners as a Senior Associate, Private Equity from Deloitte Corporate Finance where he was a Senior Manager, M&A;
• Diagram Ventures hires Antoine Landriault Arbour as Associate, New Ventures Creation from RBC Capital Markets where he was an Investment Banking Analyst;
• Also leaving RBC's Investment Banking team is Analyst Antoine Demers-Hébert, to join Lightbeans Technologies as Head of Operations & Finance; and
• Analyst Aghiad Altahhan joins the Private Equity team at BDG & Partners from Scotiabank's Commercial Banking team.
Joining Computershare as a Sales Director, Corporate Trust North America is Nigel Holder. Previously, Nigel was a Director at Manulife Asset Management.
Leaving CIBC to join J.P. Morgan as an Associate is Gary Wong. Gary was previously a Manager, Cash Management Sales.
Leaving the BMO Capital Markets Investment Banking team to join DIF, is Associate Ralph Llacar.
Joining Lazard's Financial Institutions Group in New York from BMO Capital Markets in Toronto, is Investment Banking Analyst Changhao Gu.
FirePower Capital has made the following hires:
• Tunde Agboola joins as an Analyst, Private Capital from Aon Canada's Global Risk Consulting practice;
• Evan Gravenor has joined as an Investment Banking Analyst. Evan was most recently a Senior Auditor at the Office of the Auditor General of Ontario; and
• Rhu Hashemi joins the Origination team as an Analyst. Prior to joining FirePower, Rhu founded an e-commerce automotive marketplace.
Joining Imperial Capital as a Portfolio Management Associate is Emily Kingdom. She was previously a Senior Associate at BCG.
Moving to Toronto from San Francisco is Alex Hong to join CPP Investment Board as an Analyst. Alex leaves the Investment Banking team at Credit Suisse.
Recent grad, Simon Sun joins CIBC Capital Markets as an Investment Banking Analyst, Global Infrastructure & Power.