Our client, (based in Montreal) is a recently created $100M private equity fund dedicated to investing in the Infrastructure, Real Estate and Renewable Energy spaces in Canada.
Location of the role: Montreal
Job Description: Reporting to the CFO, the Director will hold a leadership role and will be for responsible for the all the aspects of management of the fund, from assessing organically generated investment opportunities, sourcing new opportunities through business development to making the investment and managing the portfolio of investments. The successful candidate will be making the fund’s investment decision and be at the center of the execution of all the transactions, including investment evaluation, due diligence, financial analysis, structuring, documentation, negotiations, and managing with external advisors and partners.
• Formalizing the set-up of our client’s investment capability
• Bring to fruition organically generated investment opportunities
• Developing a pipeline of potential investment opportunities
• Present investment opportunity to the investment committee
• Sourcing new investment and evaluating potential organically generated investments: conducting industry and company research, reviewing financial models, and analyzing investments
• Leading transaction structuring and negotiation activities including bid and investment structuring, term sheets, and partnership agreements
• Leading syndication, asset management and asset sell down activities • Ensuring proper due diligence processes are maintained while coordinating with internal and external resources
• Building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Representing our client in the industry and market and build relationships therein
• Efficiently manage external advisors including investment banks, accounts and legal counsel
• Managing all other aspect related to a private equity fund operations and reporting
Skills / Experience:
• [10+ years] of infrastructure, Real Estate or Renewable Energy, Investing, Investment Banking or M&A/Deal Advisory experience