|Our client, a bank focused on innovation and technology, is looking to hire a Managing Director/Head of Credit Solutions.
The Managing Director, Credit Solutions leads the due diligence process and deal structuring process. Partners with the Relationship Management Team for the delivery and negotiation of credit solutions. Owns the underwriting, approval and closing process. Responsible for proactive portfolio management, including maintaining credit quality and profitability targets. Remains abreast of market, sector and competitive trends. Engages and builds relationships with key client stakeholders to remain well-informed, and able to respond to changing circumstances while appropriately balancing client and company needs. Develops and delivers insights and points of view on loan types and credit/performance trends in sectors/sub-sectors. Recruits, builds, manages and leads a highly effective team consisting of Directors, Vice Presidents and Associates responsible for managing all aspects of lending/credit for a wide range of client relationships.
Responsible for a broad range of client, prospect, and influential relationships in Canada. Highly skilled at growing relationships with Founders, CEO's, CFO's, and other key influencers. Strong understanding of the capital structure of venture backed technology companies.
- Oversees the structuring, underwriting closing of credit solutions for team's assigned sector / market / portfolio. This includes allocation of the right resources and providing expert guidance across the business as well as direct engagement as appropriate in opportunities.
- Oversees portfolio management for team's assigned portfolio / market / sector. This includes allocation of resources, maintaining credit quality and profitability targets, direct engagement in situations including serving as an ambassador. Strengthen strategic relationships with key executives and influencers in the ecosystems.
- Management, leadership, and development of the team. Manages a team of Director, Vice Presidents and Associates, providing oversight and guidance, managing workload for the team, driving skills and career development for individuals, ensuring the development and retention of top talent, and delivering on scalability initiatives. Responsible for ensuring the team is focusing on Success Drivers and Corporate Goals through collaboration with appropriate business units and through smart risk taking.
- Leadership and expertise. Remains abreast of market, sector and competitive trends, developing and delivering insights and points of view on loan types and credit / performance trends as well as opportunities to innovate on our solutions. Builds and maintains strong alignment amongst Relationship Management and Credit Administration for approaches to credit within stages and sectors. Fosters strong relationships across entire horizontal team to optimize outcomes and scalability.
Ten (10) or more years of related experience. Skilled leader, communicator, expert at credit and ability to negotiate and close business. Skilled at proactively managing large and complex portfolio of borrowing relationships. Ability to manage, develop and retain talent.
Needed Experience And Skills
- Expert relationship management skills
- Broader general management experience and understanding
- Experienced internal and external business leader
- Proven ability to maintain an extensive network of business relationships, including the executive management of clients, prospects, referral sources, and other influential relationships in market
- Adept at building, managing, and scaling a business
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Expert credit structuring skills
- Experience leading a team