Manager, Strategy and Business Development
|Job Type||Full Time|
Reporting directly to the Senior Director, Strategy & Business Development the Manager, Strategy & Business Development will manage key business strategies. This role will have high-visibility to senior leadership and the board of directors and will be responsible for leading and supporting the strategic planning process (Value Creation Plan), strategic initiatives and M&A activities. A new and exciting opportunity for a strategy professional to bring value and lasting impact to our organization.
• Value Creation Plan:
- Influence senior leadership in identifying and aligning the company on the top value creation initiatives to drive the company’s 5-year strategic plan (Value Creation Plan). Figuring out “Where to play” and “How to win”
- Lead and support the strategies, implementation and governance of the Value Creation Plan
- Structure strategic tools and frameworks for strategy development in the organization and the continuing evolution of the Value Creation Plan
• Strategic Initiatives:
- Independently lead and support strategic projects through cross-functional value creation plan initiatives and business development projects driving the key activities of research, analysis and recommendation
• M&A activities:
- Provide assessment and thought leadership on industry outlook, strategic fit, synergy potential and key risks to enable senior leadership team and board of directors to make well informed M&A decisions
- Lead modelling activities and project management of due diligence and integration
- Support the M&A function in the development of the M&A playbook
Desired Skills, Background Experience and Qualifications:
• University degree in relevant field (Business, Commerce, Finance, Economics)
• 2 to 3 years of business strategy/business development experience gained through the working experience of management consulting or corporate functions (strategy or business development)
• Possesses a strong toolkit of strategic business tools including effective powerpoint storytelling and strategic analysis and frameworks
• Problem solver with the ability to simplify complex/abstract ideas for others
• Strong team player that is an independent thinker
• Deadline driven, organized and ability to multitask
• Advanced skills in financial modeling
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to drive effective risk-taking
• Experience in acquisitions an asset
• Advanced user of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
• Experience with systems (Power BI) and data (large databases, consumer research)
Please send your resume to Sheila Hui.
Submitting a Resume
Whether you are pursuing a career change or just curious about what movement is unfolding, Vlaad and Company can keep you informed about opportunities that align with your interest and background. Submit your resume to us confidentially and we'll keep you apprised while respecting your intentions.
For general resume submissions, please direct your submission to .
Please note that during the recruitment process, where needed, accommodation for disabilities are available upon request.