Our client, a long/short hedge fund is looking for a Head of Business Development and Investor Relations.
This role would be ideal for an experienced individual with previous expertise and success in the capital introduction/fundraising space. Applicants should have a proven ability in marketing, investor relations, and fundraising, specifically with US institutions and family offices.
· Liaising as the senior investor relations person with other executives on investor matters, operating in the role as the main go-to person for all investor activity.
· Develop marketing strategies and implement near term and long-term growth plans
· Manage and expand all external client relationships
· Build and maintain internal client database and software, recommending and communicating with third party vendors
· Communicate client strategy to the CEO, CFO, and strategic external parties
· Produce effective marketing materials, outlining the firm’s differentiated investment process and emphasis on risk-adjusted returns
· Tailor investor specific materials and structuring for individual requests and follow up
· Plan and oversee events for clients across the U.S.
· Establish new and prospective clients lists
· Follow up and manage investor communication with regards to Firm developments
· Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of the marketing and business development department
· Develop and implement policies
· Prepare or co-ordinate the preparation of financial statements and financial management reports for investors
· Co-ordinate the financial planning and budget process for the investor relations division
· Supervise the development and implementation of financial models for investors
· Experience in institutional investor relations, fundraising and marketing for fund management on the sell or buy-side
· An understanding of fundamental stock analysis, valuation methodologies, and a stock research process
· Background in marketing Long/Short equity hedge funds in the U.S. focused on risk-adjusted returns
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Existing network of investors and/or proven ability to establish new client relationships
· MBA is required
· 7+ years of experience in finance and business development